Dated: January 24, 2023
All Entities are hereby informed that the Exchange has received a Circular from SEBI Vide Ref.No. SEBI/HO/DDHS/DDHS-RACPOD1/P/CIR/2023/001, dated January 5, 2023 regarding Limited relaxation – dispatch of physical copies of financial statements etc.– Regulation 58 of SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015. The contents of the said circular are reproduced hereunder for information.
SEBI/HO/DDHS/DDHS-RACPOD1/P/CIR/2023/001 January 5, 2023
Issuers who have listed Non-convertible Securities
Recognised Stock Exchanges
Sub: Limited relaxation – dispatch of physical copies of financial statements etc. – Regulation 58 of SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015.
1. SEBI vide Circular no. SEBI/HO/CFD/CMD1/CIR/P/2020/79 dated May 12, 2020 had inter-alia, relaxed certain provisions of the SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 (Listing Regulations) related to dispatch of hard copy of Annual Report to debenture holders, pursuant to relaxations granted by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA). Thereafter, vide Circular no. SEBI/HO/DDHS/P/CIR/2022/0063 dated May 13, 2022, the said relaxations were extended till December 31, 2022.
2. MCA vide Circular dated December 28, 2022 has, inter-alia, now extended the relaxations from dispatching of physical copies of financial statements due in the year 2023 (i.e. till September 30, 2023).
3. Considering the above, it has been decided to relax up to September 30, 2023, the requirements of Regulation 58 (1)(b) of the Listing Regulations which prescribes that an entity with listed non-convertible securities shall send a hard copy of statement containing the salient features of all the documents, as specified in Section 136 of Companies Act, 2013 and rules made thereunder to those holders of non-convertible securities who have not registered their email address(es) either with the listed entity or with any depository.
4. This Circular shall come into force with immediate effect. The Stock Exchanges are advised to bring the provisions of this circular to the notice of all entities with listed non-convertible securities and disseminate on their websites.
5. The Circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 read with Regulation 101 of the Listing Regulations.
Department of Debt and Hybrid Securities
+91 – 022 2644 9246
All Entities are requested to take note of the contents of the aforesaid Circular of SEBI.
CGM & Compliance Officer