Dated: 30th August, 2019
Trading Members are hereby informed that the Exchange has received a Circular from SEBI Vide Ref. No. SEBI/HO/MIRSD/DOP/CIR/P/2019/95, dated August 29 2019 regarding Handling of Clients’ Securities by Trading Members / Clearing Members. The contents of the said circular are reproduced hereunder for information of trading members.
Quote: - CIRCULAR
SEBI/HO/MIRSD/DOP/CIR/P/2019/95 August 29, 2019
All Recognized Stock Exchanges
All Recognized Clearing Corporations
All Trading Members / Clearing Members through Stock Exchanges / Clearing Corporations
All Depository Participants through Depositories
Madam / Sir,
Sub: Handling of Clients’ Securities by Trading Members / Clearing Members
1. Please refer to SEBI Circular No. CIR/HO/MIRSD/DOP/CIR/P/2019/75 dated June 20, 2019 regarding the captioned subject. Following representations from Stock Exchanges as well as market participants, it has been decided that effective deadline for implementation of guidelines prescribed in clause 5 and clause 8 of the aforesaid SEBI circular shall be extended by one month.
2. Consequently, the date ‘August 31, 2019’ in clause 5 of the circular shall be substituted as ‘September 30, 2019’ and the date ‘September 01, 2019’ in clause 8 of the circular shall be substituted as ‘October 01, 2019’.
3. The Stock Exchanges, Clearing Corporations and Depositories are advised to bring the provisions of this circular to the notice of all TM / CM, Depository Participants and also disseminate the same on their respective websites.
4. This circular is being issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11 (1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
Page 1 of 2
5. This circular is available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.in under the categories “Legal Framework”.
Rajesh Kumar Dangeti
Trading Members are requested to take note of the aforesaid guidelines of SEBI and act accordingly.
Deputy General Manager
Page 2 of 2