N O T I C E
Dated: 28th March, 2019
Trading Members are hereby informed that the Exchange has received a Circular from SEBI Vide Ref. No. CIR/HO/MIRSD/DOS2/CIR/PB/2019/038, dated March 15, 2019 regarding Clarification to Cyber Security & Cyber Resilience framework for Stock Brokers / Depository Participants. The contents of the said circular are reproduced hereunder for information of trading members.
Quote: - CIRCULAR
CIR/HO/MIRSD/DOS2/CIR/PB/2019/038 March 15, 2019
The Managing Directors of all Recognized Stock Exchanges and Depositories
Sub: Clarification to Cyber Security & Cyber Resilience framework for Stock Brokers / Depository Participants
1. SEBI vide circular no. SEBI/HO/MIRSD/CIR/PB/2018/147 dated December 03, 2018, has issued compliance norms for Cyber Security & Cyber Resilience framework for Stock Brokers / Depository Participants.
2. Subsequently, SEBI has received representations from the stock brokers with respect to para 7 of Annexure- 1 to the aforesaid circular. Accordingly, it is clarified that in Para 7, the words “Internal Technology Committee” stands replaced as “Technology Committee”.
3. The Stock Exchanges/Depositories are directed to bring the contents of this circular to the notice of the Stock Brokers/Depository Participants and also disseminate the same on their websites.
4. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities markets.
5. This Circular is available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.in under the categories “Legal Framework”.
Chief General Manager
Market Intermediaries Regulations and Supervision Department
Trading Members are requested to take note of the aforesaid guidelines of SEBI and act accordingly.
Deputy General Manager