N O T I C E
Dated :July 06, 2017
Quote : -
SEBI/HO/IMD/FIIC/CIR/P/2017/068 June 30, 2017
1. All Foreign Portfolio Investors (“FPIs”) through their Designated Depository
Participants (“DDPs”)/ Custodian of Securities.
2. The Depositories (NSDL and CDSL)
3. All Recognised Stock Exchanges
4. KYC Registration Agencies (KRAs)
1. Please refer to SEBI circular no. CIR/MIRSD/01/2013 dated January 04, 2013, CIR/MIRSD/07/2013 dated September 12, 2013 and CIR/IMD/FPIC/123/2016 dated November 17, 2016.
2. Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has recently introduced a facility of E-PAN (electronic PAN card) vide press release dated April 11, 2017. Accordingly it is clarified that E-PAN issued by CBDT can also be produced by FPI for KYC compliance. The other instructions contained in Circular CIR/IMD/FPIC/123/2016
dated November 17, 2016 remains unchanged.
3. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
4. A copy of circular is available at the links “Legal Framework Circulars” and “Info for F.P.I” on our website www.sebi.gov.in. The DDPs/Custodians are requested to bring the contents of this circular to notice of their clients.
Deputy General Manager
Tel No.: 022-26449619
Trading Members are requested to take note of the aforesaid guidelines of SEBI and act accordingly.