June 29, 2011
All listed companies are hereby informed that the Exchange has received a Circular from SEBI vide Ref. No.CIR/OIAE/2/2011, dated June 03, 2011 regarding processing of investor complaints against listed companies in SEBI Complaints Redress System. The contents of the said Circular are reproduced hereunder for information and perusal of the listed companies.
CIR/OIAE/2/2011 June 3, 2011
All Companies whose securities are listed on Stock Exchanges
(through Stock Exchanges)
All recognized Stock Exchanges
Sub: Processing of investor complaints against listed companies in SEBI Complaints Redress System (SCORES)
1. SEBI has commenced processing of investor complaints in a centralized web based complaints redress system ‘SCORES’. The salient features of this system are:
• Centralised database of all complaints,
• Online movement of complaints to the concerned listed companies,
• Online upload of Action Taken Reports (ATRs) by the concerned companies, and
• Online viewing by investors of actions taken on the complaint and its current status.
2. All complaints pertaining to companies will be electronically sent through SCORES at http://scores.gov.in/Admin. The companies are required to view the complaints pending against them and submit ATRs alongwith supporting documents electronically in SCORES. Failure on the part of the company to update the ATR in SCORES will be treated as non redressal of investor complaints by the company. Submission of physical ATR will not be accepted for complaints lodged in SCORES. For complaints forwarded to companies on or
before 20/05/2011, physical ATRs should be submitted.
3. The user id and password for logging into SCORES at http://scores.gov.in/Admin are being communicated separately to companies against whom complaints are lodged in SCORES. Page 2 of 3
4. In case the complaints are processed by the Registrar to Issue and Share Transfer Agent (RTI/STA) on behalf of the company, the company should indicate in the enclosed Annexure whether they require the facility to forward complaints to the RTI/STA, so that the ATRs can be uploaded by them. In such cases, the name of the RTI/STA, the name of the Compliance Officer and email id should be furnished, so that the user id and password can be provided accordingly. Further, failure on the part of the RTI/STA to update the ATR in SCORES will be treated as non redressal of investor complaints by the company.
5. This Circular supercedes the Circular No.OIAE/Cir-1/2009 dated November 25, 2009 so far as it relates to Annexure-C to the said Circular wherein the companies had to submit physical ATRs on the complaints forwarded by SEBI to them.
6. All companies whose securities are listed on Stock Exchanges are advised to comply with the aforesaid Circular.
7. The Stock Exchanges are accordingly advised to bring the provisions of this Circular to the notice of all the companies whose securities are listed in the exchange and also to disseminate the same on the website.
8. This Circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
9. This Circular is available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.in. Yours faithfully,
Chief General Manager
Office of Investor Assistance and Education
Email id - firstname.lastname@example.org
AUTHENTICATION FOR SCORES
1. Name of the Company:
2. Whether complaints processed through: □ RTI □ Inhouse
3. If through RTI, please indicate the following:
Name of the RTI:
Whether complaints can be passed to them
□manually by the company □directly to RTI
4. The details of the concerned person of the company to whom User id and password will be sent:
Email id :
Telephone No. :
Fax No. :
Note: A scanned copy can be sent by email to email@example.com followed by hard copy
All listed companies are requested to take note of the above and act accordingly.
DGM (HR & Admn.)