4th February, 2005
Members are hereby informed that the Exchange has received circular no.MAPIN/Cir-1/ 2005 from SEBI. The said circular, which is self explanatory, is reproduced below.
DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER
MARKET REGULATION DEPARTMENT
E-mail: email@example.com MAPIN/Cir – 1 /2005
January 4, 2005
1. The Executive Directors / Managing Director / Administrators
of All Stock Exchanges
3. All Mutual Funds registered with SEBI
4. Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI)
5. All Collective Investment Schemes registered with SEBI
Sub: SEBI (Central Database of Market Participants) Regulations, 2003 - Clarifications
1. The SEBI (Central Database of Market Participants) Regulations, 2003 were notified on November 20, 2003. Pursuant to the notification dated July 30, 2004 issued under the captioned Regulations, SEBI has, inter-alia, specified in terms of sub-regulation (2) of regulation 6 that “All investors being bodies corporate as ‘specified investors’, along with their promoters and directors are required to obtain a UIN before December 31, 2004”.
2. However, it is clarified that “wherever the President of India / Central Government / State Government is a promoter, it is exempted from the requirement of obtaining a UIN under regulation 6(2) of SEBI (Central Database of Market Participants) Regulations, 2003”.
3. This clarificatory circular is being issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11 (1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, read with Regulation 16A of the SEBI (Central Database of Market Participants) Regulations, 2003 to protect the interest of investors in securities and to promote the development of and to regulate the securities market.
V S SUNDARESAN
Members are advised to note the provisions of the aforesaid circular.